Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hello family and friends,

I have been surprised how busy I have been during these 10 days. I thought I would be bored with nothing much to do. Things just seem to come up. Eating alone is time consuming, I go to the market almost everyday. Today a new family came to Odessa to adopt a girl from the internot #4, the Laundrums. They stayed at my apartment for awhile they waited for their apartment. They are a nice couple. I hope all goes well for them.

Vitalik and Denise came for English lesson. It went very well. They are quick learners. It is fun teaching them. They are very enthusiastic learners.

The Ohara family left tonight. I am thrilled for them. They all had big smiles on their faces!
I pray they have a blessed trip home. It was nice getting to know them. They are generous people. i have been very fortunate to have met and gotten to know some wonderful people. God
has been very good to me.

I am planning on having Vitalik going away party on Friday. I have some planning to do tomorrow.

Prayer request: Please pray for all documents next week to be done quickly, pray for strength for charles. Pray that Vitalik will be strong and have peace as he prepares to leave the internot.

Blessings to you all,
Jeri

7 comments:

Paul and Renee Berger said...

Jeri,

I can relate to the idea that we thought we would be bored, but the time flew by and we were always busy!

I will pray that Vitalik is able to have some closure with his class during the party and for all of the documents to be completed ASAP.

Renee

Barbie123 said...

Hi Jeri,

I finally figured out how to post with the Google changes. I want you to know I've been praying for you throughout these weeks. WOW! Look at the twists and turns of your adventure in the Ukraine. I am excited about Vitalik, ....and sorry about Vladik. I pray that everything will go smoothly for the rest of your time there. That there would be no hold ups or delays.... that God would guide you each day to take care of every detail.
I had a dream about you last night. One of the aspects of the dream was I saw you and Charles with several boys.
I pray that God will bless Joshua and Lauren, and give them complete peace. I know this is a life changing time for you all.

I'll talk with you soon!!


Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hello Jeri,

This is Charles. Now that I am not there to take up all the computer time your blog postings have increased! I love you! Have a great time tomorrow at Vitalik's party, wish I was there. Thump Denise on the head for me!

Charles

Tami said...

It is such a small world!!! I've been reading the O'Hara's Blog and Leslie's blog for months now! What a God-thing that you all ended up in Odessa at the same time!!
We'll be praying for Vitalik...and for you in the coming days. Blessings.

Charles and Jeri Roberson said...

Thanks for the prayers everyone. You have know idea how much it makes a difference.

Your the best,
Jeri

Pam DeFrees said...

Hi there,
I have been reading the blogs from the O'Hara's and have been e-mailing back and forth with Leslie, who is adopting Kristina. I was googling to find the O'Hara's web page so I could pass it on to a friend and I found yours instead. I think I know your Vitalik. I am sooo happy he has a family! When you have time, please look at our web page www.PassionForUkraine.com and see if you see a picture of Vatalik. I think he's in one of the pictures on the first page of the web page. My son, Mike, and I have been going to the Ukraine for the last 3-4 summers. We go on mission trips and go to Camp Viktoria and sing, play, teach, and hang out with the kids. Vatalik is an awesome boy and, by the way, he loves my son, Mike (Misha) to death. I'd love to hear from you when you have a chance. You will be in my prayers.
d7defrees@hotmail.com
Pam (San Antonio, Texas)
God bless you!!! : )

junglemama said...

Cool that you know the O'Haras. I just got done reading their blog. :)