Saturday, October 27, 2007

Hello,

All is well here in Odessa.It is 11:30pm here and this is the first chance I've had for 3 days to post. I have been busy with Vitalik, The Becker family and just living. The internet has been down quit a bit lately.

I had vitalik's party for his class on Friday. For those of you who don't know, when a child is adopted most parents give the child a going away party. It consists of mostly food and drinks. Vitalik seem to enjoy himself. All the attention was on him. The supervisors (these are the women that take care of them during the day) gave him presents and said very nice things to him, they also gave him some advice. It was nice. I will try to post pictures soon.

The Becker's had the 10th grade class over today for lunch and a movie. Later on, Vitalik and I went to the beach. I don't remember the name of it. It was nice, there is a lot of development going on
near or on the beach. They are building large high rises. I let him play some video games and bought him a sandwich. We walked on the beach and the pier for awhile.

We are going to church tomorrow. Vitalik and some of the other boys are coming as well. It's a contemporary service. Please pray for their salvation, I don't think any of them know the Lord. They really need youth services here, they are bored in the main service.

Please pray this week, this is very important to when we get to return. Pray for no delays, pray that we get to leave Odessa by Next Sunday, October 4th. If we leave here on the 4th, We should be home on the 7th. That would be Great! Also pray for Vitalik, he is having a hard time communicating with me. Making conversation. Pray that the God would help him.

I hope everyone is doing well, I am thinking and praying for my family and friends. I am in good hands here. God has been so faithful, he has put some incredible people in my life. I am seeing the hand of God all of the place.

Please forgive me if I haven't returned your email. I havent had much time to do anything personal, and when I do, the internet keeps messing me up. so, I love you and miss you all.

Message for Joshua and Lauren: I am very proud of you both :) you are doing so great! thanks for helping dad. That means a lot to mom.
You both are very strong and courageous. I will see you soon. Pray that we come home quickly. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

Blessings,
Jeri


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom, I love you! We liked your message. We are about to go to church. We miss you very much and we will pray for you and Vitalik and Denise today at church. Joshua will work on his project today. We both got outstanding marks in school for our report cards, dad is very proud of us. Bless you, we are being very good and helping dad!

Love, Josh and Lauren

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeri,

Your in my prayers daily and thinking about you. Praying for you and Vitalik for good communication. I am taking pictures of Josh's pumpkin presentation tomorrow so you can have some. Stay strong in the Lord.

In Christ's love,

Amy

Tommy and Nate say hi as well.

junglemama said...

How exciting to be in Ukraine. I can't wait to read more.

Pam DeFrees said...

Vitalyk found Mike, Dana (my son and daughter) and me on facebook. We are soo happy to be back in touch with him!!! It's been great getting back caught up with him and seeing his vacation pictures and seeing how great he's doing!
God bless you and your family!
I just updated our blog from our last trip to Ukraine....
WWW.PassionForUkraine.blogspot.com and I also just saw Lela a month ago in Florida. They had a reunion for her so there were many families there who have adopted. It was an awesome time.